- 6:30 – Puppy comes out of crate. Goes outside for potty and walk around the block. He likes to run too, if Dustin wants to.
- 7:00 – Food and water. Water can be left available throughout the day. Food gets taken after half an hour. Fill the bowl; he’ll eat what he wants.
- 7:30 – Back in crate. Say “Crate!” as you put him in. Put a chew toy in there too.
- Between 9:00 and 10:00 – See if he needs to pee. Attach leash and walk him over to pads. Say “Papers!” as he gets near them and “Go potty” if he pees. Then praise. If he pees, he can be played with for about half an hour; otherwise he just goes back in the crate. (Optional step; he’ll be fine until lunch)
- 1:00 – Take outside for potty and walk.
- 1:30 – Give him back his food. If he eats it all it’s ok to give him a little bit more.
- 2:00 – Take food bowl. He can stay out of the crate for a while now. Playtime! He can go back in crate for a while if he’s being too rowdy, etc.
- Note: Keep an eye on him. This is NINJA POOP/PEE!!! time. Also, don’t let him eat weird things.
- 7:00 – Outside for potty and walk/run.
- 7:30 – Food!
- 8:00 – More playtime.
- 10:00 or 10:30 – Bedtime! Make sure he pees before he goes in the crate or he’ll wake you up in the middle of the night.
- Don’t let him bite. Tell him “NO!” firmly, but not in a yelling tone.
- Watch cords and small food things.
- Ignore him when he’s jumping. Push him down with your foot, not your hands if he’s climbing you, otherwise he thinks you’re playing.
- Don’t let him out of his crate while he is barking/whining. Wait until he stops, then let him out. Also, don’t give him attention or he’ll keep doing it.
- … don’t kill or lose my dog please.