Man. Every time something exciting happens, I think for sure it’s the nudge I need to come back and start blogging again. Guess what happens….
When I got engaged, I figured planning a wedding would give me tons of blogging fodder. It actually did, but I was so exhausted planning it that I didn’t have the energy to blog besides the one post I made! The wedding was amazing though, I promise I’ll make a post about it soon, share the video and a few photos.
When we bought a house (… oh I guess I didn’t mention that either), I suppose I could have made a post about the buying process, but honestly it’s kind of boring. Our house is cute though! And Toby is absolutely loving his new yard. Maybe I’ll post about it when we have our housewarming party… in July… hah.
So now, we’re having a baby! Exciting right? Want to guess how far along I am based on how many posts I’ve made? Nooo I’m not going to pop tomorrow haha, but I am in the third trimester. Baby Boy is due mid-August, Kevin and I are very excited! Here’s what the little guy looked like at our 20 week anatomy scan.
I’m not sure what all I’d have posted about so far. First trimester was a blur of exhaustion and nasty morning sickness. Second trimester got slightly better. I’m feeling surprisingly good now at the start of the third, but I’m sure comfort-wise it’s going to start going downhill any time! I already ache all the time, but it’s manageable.
So since clearly being pregnant wasn’t enough to make me blog… we’ll see what happens when kiddo is born. Maybe I’ll become a Mommy Blogger hahahaha. Probably not.
I’m not saying these things are New Year’s Resolutions persay, but there is something about the start of the year that makes for a good time to sit down and evaluate what you want to get done. I don’t buy into that “New Year, New Me” thing so much (though I’m pretty sure I did use that hashtag last year haha), but I do think that having a plan is good.
So, here are some things that I’m hoping to accomplish in 2016!
– Plan a successful, fun, and reasonably priced* wedding. I’ve got the venue and photographer booked so I’m on the right track. We’re a little crazy and are getting married in September.
– Lose 20lb to look awesome in my wedding dress and feel good and all the other benefits of losing some extra weight. I also want to start doing yoga.
– Spend more time reading.
– Learn German, and brush up on my Spanish.
– Get a puppy (maybe haha).
– Expand my business. I haven’t decided what direction I want to go yet, but I want to start doing either some freelance web design, or photography. I also plan to start selling a small quantity of handbags.
– Catch up on my business taxes. I’d like to actually have the funds in January for them, not in April. I’m tired of always trying to keep up and would love to actually be ahead of the game.
I think that’s pretty much it! I think 2016 is going to be pretty good and I look forward to seeing what it brings.
So I know I said that I wanted to do more blogging, and then I didn’t. It’s kind of the story of my life sometimes. Let’s see if I can do better in 2016! But, I suppose there needs to be a recap so those of you that aren’t my friend on Facebook or even Twitter know what I’m talking about (… as if anybody reading this doesn’t fall under one of those categories haha).
Traditionally, I’m guessing chronological order is the best way to go about it, but I just want to start with the most exciting bit!
So for Kevin’s birthday in early December, we went back up to Victoria so that we could see the lights at Butchart Gardens. Apparently Canada is our birthday-place haha. So we were there and the lights were all beautiful and we had a great time. The best part was that while we were there, on his birthday, surrounded by adorable Christmas lights, Kevin asked me to marry him! Of course I said yes, how could I possibly not?! We’re very excited.
Ok now that I’ve said that, I can go over the rest of the year. It’ll be quick, because everything pales in comparison.
– As you know, Sonia came to visit me earlier in the year. She actually came again this month because I needed her here in person to squee with. That was awesome!
– Saw Phantom of the Opera, which I was way thrilled for because I’ve been dying to see it on stage since high school. We looked snazzy and had a great time.
– Went on a mini vacation to Leavenworth, an adorable little Bavarian town not too far from here.
Everything written on this site, with the exceptions of guest posts, is my own personal opinion at the time the entry was posted. The information presented is based on my own knowledge and perception and may not be entirely accurate, though I certainly believe it to be (at the time, at least). I cannot and will not be held responsible for any dumb ideas you get reading my stories of the dumb things I've done. Any damage done to your sanity while visiting my site are your problem; the damage done to mine has been far worse. If you disagree with the postings on my website, make a blog and talk about it there. And, as far as I know, visiting Kat Scratch Fever does not give you a voodoo curse. If you wind up with one, blame your ex.