So I know I said that I wanted to do more blogging, and then I didn’t. It’s kind of the story of my life sometimes. Let’s see if I can do better in 2016! But, I suppose there needs to be a recap so those of you that aren’t my friend on Facebook or even Twitter know what I’m talking about (… as if anybody reading this doesn’t fall under one of those categories haha).
Traditionally, I’m guessing chronological order is the best way to go about it, but I just want to start with the most exciting bit!
So for Kevin’s birthday in early December, we went back up to Victoria so that we could see the lights at Butchart Gardens. Apparently Canada is our birthday-place haha. So we were there and the lights were all beautiful and we had a great time. The best part was that while we were there, on his birthday, surrounded by adorable Christmas lights, Kevin asked me to marry him! Of course I said yes, how could I possibly not?! We’re very excited.
Ok now that I’ve said that, I can go over the rest of the year. It’ll be quick, because everything pales in comparison.
– As you know, Sonia came to visit me earlier in the year. She actually came again this month because I needed her here in person to squee with. That was awesome!
– Saw Phantom of the Opera, which I was way thrilled for because I’ve been dying to see it on stage since high school. We looked snazzy and had a great time.
– Went on a mini vacation to Leavenworth, an adorable little Bavarian town not too far from here.
– Participated in a lot of sewing swaps.
– Turned 30, but you already read that blog post.
– Did a bunch of archery, and also wound up with an airsoft pistol. Also fired a real gun for the first time ever.
– Failed Whole30. Oops. I actually need to try to succeed at that again, I have a pretty dress in my future that I want to look awesome in!
– Went to my first Mariner’s game. Had amazing seats! Went into crazy overtime but sadly we lost in the end.
– Saw Rocky Horror Picture Show, dressed appropriately for it.
– Drank way too much Starbucks.
– Played a lot of video games. Started a YouTube channel and another neglected blog related to said games.
– Went to Canada and GOT ENGAGED. Oh, I said that already. Sorry….
– Got a bunch of awesome Christmas gifts. Had a quiet New Year.
And there we are folks! All caught up. Tomorrow* I’ll make a post about what’s coming up in 2016. Yaaaaay! 2015 was amazing, I hope 2016 is even better.