Car Accidents Suck

So those of you that keep up with my Twitter may have already picked up that I was in a small car accident late last week. It was between my boyfriends small car and a pickup. It was low speed, but I still got bounced in my seat, and am kind of miserable on and off. My back aches if I sit still too long and my legs hurt if I stand up too long. I’m in good condition though. My boyfriends car though… not so much. He’s gotta get a new one. He’s been spending a lot of time looking at the Honda Fit, which I think is hideous but, well, it’s not my car so… /shrug.

His insurance agency has been really good though. I’ve had to talk to them a few times, and they’re covering my trip to the doctor to make sure that it’s just “normal” aches and pains (it is) and also my trips to the chiropractor, which is awesome. They put my boyfriend in a nice rental car, too.

So, I can now add “been in car accident” in my list of Things I’ve Done Before Dying :p

Tags: accident, car trouble

11 Responses to “Car Accidents Suck”

1. Wes Mueller Mar 8, 2009 at 2:49 pm #

You could also ad it to a list of things you’ve done without dying.  I think that would also be appropriate.

2. Katili Mar 8, 2009 at 3:07 pm #

Yes… that would be quite appropriate, I agree. Right there next to “had the air cut off from my lungs on an amusement park ride”.

3. Kaylee Mar 9, 2009 at 4:59 pm #

I’m glad you’re still alive to tell the tale!

I don’t know much about cars, but it bothers me when someone I know wants to buy one that I find unattractive :p

4. Regina Mar 9, 2009 at 8:54 pm #

Wow, I can’t say I’m in love with the Honda Fit either… :p
    Glad you’re okay after the car accident; I agree, they suck.  Although I’ve never been in one myself, my mom was in an accident a month ago and now she’s terrified of driving. :|

5. Erin Mar 11, 2009 at 9:55 am #

Yikes. Glad you all are alright. Car buying is one of the worst moments ever. Car salespeople are insane.

6. sir jorge Mar 12, 2009 at 11:48 am #

i’ve been in so many car accidents, that cars scare me as a whole.

7. Kendra Mar 23, 2009 at 8:07 am #

Thanks love, same to you. :) Sorry about the car accident, my boyfriend was in one recently and now has a huge dent in his driver’s side door. Bleh. People should learn how to drive, you know? Haha.

8. Guyyouknow Mar 24, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

Hmmmmn.  I want the new layout.  Nothing wrong with this one, but I like the new one better.  And I’m totally not writing this during my hour of paid training.

9. Katili Mar 24, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

Yes, yes, the new layout is *almost* done. There’s only 6 pages left to layout, then I just need to clean up my code, and take the site down for a couple hours to switch the layout and test to make sure nothing broke :)

It should be up by next week.

10. spidgey Mar 25, 2009 at 1:02 pm #

I agree, car accidents DO suck. Glad you guys are okay. I imagine the boy got a new car by now; something tolerable?

11. Hope Apr 16, 2009 at 11:52 am #

I’m glad it was a small accident and that you guys are okay! I’ve been in my fair share of major ones and they suck hard.